For all of you that are doing research in any of your classes, you’ll need to be aware of new rules regarding how to format your WORKS CITED page. Click HERE to view these very important changes.
Now that the textbook rush is over, make sure to stop by the library and see what new books we have for you to read. And be sure to check out Ms. Ledford’s current favorite books:
And just some quick reminders– the library is getting overcrowded at lunch times. All students visiting the library must be studying or reading quietly. Socializing needs to be done outside the library. Ms. Ledford will ask you to leave if you aren’t reading or studying QUIETLY!!
Ok, everyone– it’s time to get those textbooks turned into the library BEFORE you go on Christmas break. If we don’t get them back by December 18th, then we won’t have enough to give out when you return for break. So get those textbooks turned in as soon as possible!
A HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who purchased books at the Scholastic Book Fair! We appreciate all your support during our winter fundraising efforts. All profits go directly to buying more books for YOU! So thank you, again, for your support.
The Scholastic Book Fair will be running for one more day so get down to the library as soon as possible to make your final purchases! It’s been successful but not nearly as successful as last year. So we need your help more than ever to get those books sold. Remember, all the profits we make from the fair go directly into purchasing new books for the library. So don’t delay– get down to the library as soon as possible!!
We are so happy to announce that the SCHOLASTIC BOOK FAIR will once again be visiting Sheldon High School. We are already gearing up to promote the great titles that will be offered. Here’s just a sampling of what you’ll be able to buy at the BOOK FAIR:
1. All things Twilight! Posters, books, etc.
2. Diary of a Wimpy Kid books
3. The Olympians Series by Rick Riordan– including the lastest installment, The Last Olympian.
4. Books by Gordan Korman and Roland Smith
5. The Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins
The BOOK FAIR will begin on December 2nd and run until December 8th. This will be a great way to shop for Christmas presents while supporting your school library! Stop by and ask Ms. Saylor or Ms. Ledford for details.
Become a FAN of the Sheldon High Library on Facebook! Look for book reviews, suggestions, research tips, and cool websites all on the Sheldon High School Library facebook profile. Scroll down to the bottom of this page to find our link to Facebook.
Mad about the budget cuts to our district? In case you haven’t heard, the library will be severly impacted next year. No librarian, no library technician means no help for research projects, SSR books, computer lab, internet access, printing, or a space to read and study quietly. PLEASE EMAIL THE BOARD MEMBERS and let them know you need your libraries fully staffed!
The Library Advisory Committee sells muffins and juice every Wednesday morning starting at 8:00. You’ll find them out the back door facing the Quad. Stop by for Wednesday breakfast and support your library!
As you know, libraries in the Elk Grove Unified School District are in danger of closing next school year. Here’s what we are able to provide for students with a full library staff: maintain a place to read, study, do research, buy new and interesting SSR books, print assignments, and use the Internet. If the library staff is not here next year, there won’t be anyone here to provide this for you anymore!!
The budget cuts next year are extreme, but we must let our leaders know that we need our libraries fully staffed! Here’s how you can help:
1. Email the board members directly and let them know that you need your library to stay open and fully staffed. http://www.egusd.net/discover_egusd/board/index.cfm
2. Attend an upcoming budget meeting at the following locations and dates: Oct. 8 at Valley High School, Oct. 13 at Florin High School, Oct. 21st at Franklin High School, and Oct. 22nd at Pleasant Grove High School. All meetings begin at 7:00pm and end at 8:00pm.
3. Buy a “SAVE OUR SCHOOL LIBRARIES” t-shirt to spead awareness.
4. Contribute to our “SAVE OUR SCHOOL LIBRARIES” wall by the front door of the library.
5. Write a letter to the school board and give it to Ms. Ledford. She will mail the letter for you.
We must have your help to keep library services going next year. Please help TODAY!!
Remember these few library rules and you’ll be on your way to success!
1. You must have your Sheldon ID card or a CA driver’s license to check out textbooks or library books.
2. All library books are due after 3 weeks. You can come in a renew them at that time if necessary.
3. All overdue library books must be turned in before you can get new ones.
THE COMPUTER LAB
1. You must have your Sheldon ID card to use the computers. No exceptions!
2. To use the internet, you must have a Computer and Internet Agreement form on file in the library.
3. Printing is .25 per page. Color copies are available on request at $1 per page.
If you are looking for ways to get involved in your library, consider joining the SHELDON HIGH SCHOOL LIBRARY ADVISORY CLUB. With almost 20 active members, the club hosts movie nights, participates in the food faire, helps with the selection of books, hosts book clubs, etc. Its a great way to make new friends and get involved at school. Meetings are held once per month or as needed. Look for notices about the SHELDON HIGH SCHOOL LIBRARY ADVISORY CLUB on this website or posted on the library doors.
Welcome back, Huskies! It’s hard to believe the school year is upon us already but hopefully you had some great relaxation time over summer break. Your library website is getting a makeover but you will still be able to find great books, database information, and links to helpful resources for research projects.
You’ll also be very happy to know that the library got 36 brand new computers in the lab! No more bulky white monitors and missing mice!
So start off the school year right by following these guidelines for the first week:
1. Turn in all of last years textbooks before getting new ones for this year’s classes.
2. Get your ID card asap. You can’t check out books or textbooks without it.
3. Get your Computer Internet Agreement formed signed and brought to the library during the second week of school and receive your internet sticker. You need this to show you have permission to use the computers!
4. Most importantly, the library will be open for studying and computer work on August 25th!